Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New Computer build

Since there's already a thread here, here's my shitty spreadsheet, I wouldn't have to need any water cooling for this right? Haven't decided on a CPU yet and still looks for decent monitors.

http://puu.sh/qOGyM/faf710976d.png
    Last edited by mectus11; 26th August 2016 at 03:51:07. Reason: sexier spreadsheet

High Command
    Go with best non K i5 you will be fine, still have stock cooling on it. Maybe its just my personal preference, but consider for HDD Western Digital Caviar Black drive, those things are amazing. For mobos, I use Gigabyte, because price vs what I get is good. Good experience so far. Anyway, before I bought my rig, I spent 6 month on research.

Quote Originally Posted by Cossack View Post
    Go with best non K i5 you will be fine, still have stock cooling on it. Maybe its just my personal preference, but consider for HDD Western Digital Caviar Black drive, those things are amazing. For mobos, I use Gigabyte, because price vs what I get is good. Good experience so far. Anyway, before I bought my rig, I spent 6 month on research.
    Thanks, yeah I'm planning to plan this throughout the year until I have all the money together, I'll definetly take a look at your suggestions!

High Command
    Also, forget about upgrading. If you consider upgrade something after six months when you bought the rig, then its good idea. If you plan to improve existing rig after 2-3 years - most of the time you end up buying new rig, because things like RAM, there is new standard that does not support previous one or new family of CPU's is designed for new socket, so once again your mobo is not compatible. So, things that actually can last is your power supply and the case. I have Corsair 650D and it was first component I bought. The current setup is the third right now. I bought it like 4-5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mectus11 View Post
    Since there's already a thread here, here's my shitty spreadsheet, I wouldn't have to need any water cooling for this right? Haven't decided on a CPU yet and still looks for decent monitors.

http://puu.sh/qOGyM/faf710976d.png

1179,371192 USD?

Quote Originally Posted by Cossack View Post
    Also, forget about upgrading. If you consider upgrade something after six months when you bought the rig, then its good idea. If you plan to improve existing rig after 2-3 years - most of the time you end up buying new rig, because things like RAM, there is new standard that does not support previous one or new family of CPU's is designed for new socket, so once again your mobo is not compatible. So, things that actually can last is your power supply and the case. I have Corsair 650D and it was first component I bought. The current setup is the third right now. I bought it like 4-5 years ago.
    I see what you mean, hopefully this set up or more that I'm going to at least improve on it with either water cooling or a better SSD in the future, I'll probably get a better PSU then since hardware is always improving and the demand goes up.

Quote Originally Posted by mintyflinty View Post
    1179,371192 USD?
    Excel doesn't like dots in their numbers.

High Command
    Actually demand for power is being cut down by manufacturers. My current rig is GTX970 + top non K Haswell i5, 16 GB RAM, 1 HDD and SSD, and to power all that I didn't even needed 800 or 700W PSU. It is powered by Corsair RM550 550W block. I also inherited from friends rig Fan controller with power usage info, and in idle state system is consuming around 60- to 70W, while I launch BF4, it goes max 280W and no more.

So, look forward for buying 80+ Gold PSU, because reliability. Another note is, while I power everything from my 550W block, I dont have much expansion, because I am physically missing extra power connectors even though I could add extra 2 or 3 drives. If I would go with bigger rating one, I would have more of that.

Of course if you go Radeon way, then compared to Nvidia, they consume more power. Not sure about current line up, but back then 970 equivalent was consuming more and I should go with bigger rating, so I could keep that power reserve.

Nice, thanks for all the info!

Current motherboard I chose allows me to go upto 32GB of RAM which shouldn't be a problem, I'm more worried if it'll all fit properly in the case and if there's enough ventillation, any ideas for that? I have no idea how to set up water cooling so I might stick some fans?

Any ideas for decent office chairs? Something comfy would be great, I don't mind shipping the chair.

or if your chair doesnt need to be branded for sponsor purposes - a normal chair